Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bella's audiology appointment

So, Bella had her hearing aid ear-mold-making appointment yesterday. It was pretty interesting. Terry and I got there earlier and the audiologist went through the information with us about her hearing loss and all that stuff. She went over bella's specific hearing loss as compared to other kiddos, and then she showed us graphs of it. It was all pretty informative and interested. Finally, Bella got to come into the appointment. Terry keeps insisting that she is ADD (which, I don't think she is!!) and so he brought that up in the conversation no less than 5 times. I was like - lets just see how this hearing aid thing goes, it could solve all of her issues!! I don't want to diagnose her as ADD if she's not (and last time I checked, he didn't have PH.D or MD after his name to do any diagnosis anyway!!)

So, Anyway, Bella picked pink hearing aids and pink ear molds with glitter. LOL. She loves them and can't wait to get them! We're all pretty excited... will post pics soon!!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com) -- we'd love to have you as part of our community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol Kranowitz has a good book called Out of Sync Child. Good about those things you mentioned on Help Kids Hear too! I'm Val a moderator at Deaf Village. Nice blog I really like that book and many families can relate w/children who have hearing loss...both of kiddos are deaf.

    ReplyDelete